Follow My Blog!

2.2.11

Fishsticks!



This is a good weekday food.  It's fast, pretty healthy and most kids love fishsticks.  I always buy fresh fish when doing my weekly shopping and I always use it the same day as I buy it.  Today I used cod but any white fish will work.  If you don't like a heavy sauce you can always do a dill and creme fraich or yogurt sauce.  Today I went for a kind of remoulade which is mayonaise based with pickled veggies (in my case carrots, cuccumbers and capers) and dill.

Start by breading the fish.  One plate with flour, one with whipped eggs and one with bread crumbs.  Turn the fish over in each plate, in the order I listed.  A trick is to use one hand for the eggs and one hand for the flour and bread crumbs so that it won't get so messy.  Fry the fish for about 2 minutes on each side, until golden brown.

For the remoulade: mix 2 egg yolks with 2 tblsp white wine vinager and 2 tsp dijon mustard then pour slowly in 3 dl corn oil.  Squeeze in the juice from 1/4 a lemon, add 1 dl chopped pickled veggies and a bunch of dill, season it with salt and pepper.  Done!






No comments:

Post a Comment