Follow My Blog!

9.1.11

Sunday Breakfast


On weekends we try to have a tradition of having pancakes for breakfast.  If I prepare them then it's Swedish pancakes and if my wife makes them then it's American style.  I also make the jam, it's easier then you think.


Classic Swedish Pancakes
(approx 10 - 12 pancakes)

4 dl wheat flour
1 liter milk
4 eggs
3 tablespoons butter
1 pinch salt

Mix the eggs with half the milk and flour, beat till smooth then add the remaining flour and milk and beat again till smooth.  Add 2 tabelspoons melted butter and salt.  Let the batter rest in the fridge for 30 minutes (this is optional but I recomend it).  Then, pour batter into good size hot pan, the batter should spread out thinnly covering the entire pan.  About one minute on each side (or until golden brown).  Swedish pancakes are traditionally served with jam and whipped cream.

I will do a post on jam during the week!

No comments:

Post a Comment